Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday

I'm afraid I'm not fitting into the retirement community very well.  Yesterday the woman who lives across the hall caught me and told me I missed the ice cream social.  That they have an ice cream social after Bingo, and everyone comes. 

The woman who is in the apartment next to me told me I should eat some meals in the dining room, because that is how the people here get to know each other.

And this morning a girl knocked on my door and told me today is the day residents go out for lunch, and wondered if I would be joining them.  I was making pancakes at the time.

I'm not really anti-social.  Well, maybe a little.  But I am busy arranging pictures on the wall (still), looking for things I know I put away somewhere logical, reading, and drawing.  Now that I have my table for watercolor, I am trying to set things up so I will actually use it. 

************************
 
 
Bill and Alice will be here Monday to visit for a day.  They are on their way to Idaho for their granddaughter's wedding.  (Nicki)  The wedding is Saturday.

 
 And this is Nicki and David.

 
And here are Hadley and Sophie.  Hadley is hers, Sophie is his.  Pretty darned cute, huh?  They are excited they are going to be sisters.
 



2 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

Becoming "part of the the bunch" will come. No need to rush. The wedding sounds really neat. The girls are precious.

Sally said...

See Duene, you have a life of your own and entertain yourself!!! But on the other hand, it would be fun to eat with the others (ya, I could handle someone cooking my meals) and join in their activities, but only when you want to!!!!!