Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday

Barrie brought me two more loads of stuff yesterday -- two trunks, picture mats, the Christmas Cactus, folding table for painting, photo paper, my laundry,and things to hang on the wall.  The more things I put in it, the smaller the place gets.   But I think I've got all the furniture I wanted.

 
The cat liked sitting on this table, so she is not happy the Christmas Cactus is here.  She has nice wide window sills to sit in, though, so she'll survive. 
 
 

This is one of the trunks Barrie brought, along with the pine needle basket and the Navajo rug. My mother made the basket years ago.  That woman had more crafts than I can count.

The trunk dismayed me.  I had forgotten what was in it.  It has at least three quilt tops, all put together with the backing and batting, ready to be quilted.  What was I thinking?  The other trunk has finished quilts - five or six of them.  It's in the bedroom.

********************
 
Mandy L. was just here, doing the weekend resident check - to see if I'm still kicking, I guess.  I asked her about the guy who usually does it and wondered why he was always wearing rubber gloves.  She said he's got a germ phobia, and even wears rubber gloves while he folds clean laundry.  We both chuckled over it.
 


3 comments:

Rollie said...

Wonder if the guy is related to "Monk". He's a character on TV.

DADD said...

Or Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory

Judi said...

Love the Meadowlark by the TV. I had one once.
It's beginning to look like home with your personal touches. I like the rug & basket, which I want to come see close up someday.