Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday

I just met the girl who will be cleaning my apartment every week.  She is a little 4 ft-something girl from China.  She carries a little electronic translator with her. I would guess her to be about 16, but she is 41 and has an 11 year old son in China. Don't know what the story is about her being here, but if I understand correctly, she will be going home soon.  I can't even pronounce her name.

Went down the hallway to check my mailbox.  Nothing there, but then I haven't left a forwarding address at the post office yet.  I met Kevin, the head of housekeeping, in the hallway.  He said he would come to see me soon to talk about the rules.  He made me feel a little like I was a kid in school. 

The view out my living room window.  If you know me, you  know that quakies are my favorite trees.  Love them!



 
Another view out my windows.  Nice, huh?
 


4 comments:

DADD said...

So. how are Kasey and Kat handling the move?

Rollie said...

Sure hope you listen carefully to the rules. Hate to see you get kicked out before you're even settled in.

Charmian said...

When's the first wild party?

Aspens are my favorite, too! You have a good spot.

Duene said...

They have weekly cocktail parties here, or so I've heard. Have to find out about that!

Kasey is more concerned about having to go spend time with her Dad - from two to five weeks. The time is not set in stone yet. And then she will be moving to Montana.

Kat is pretty much settled in.