Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday

I thought the skies looked like we would have rain today, but I guess not.  The forecast says a 20% or 30% chance of rain.  Not too promising.

I cashed all the checks I got from the things I sold, and forgot one check.  So I went to the bank with it this morning.  I got behind a pickup at one of the drive through lines, and waited and waited.  Finally they turned the "closed" sign on.  The pickup gave no indication of moving, so I backed up and got behind the truck in the other line.  Finally got the check cashed, and it only took 45 minutes!!  I guess I should have just parked in front and gone in.

When I drove by the Food Basket today, it looked like someone had cleaned out four or five houses and left everything there.  My poor friend Judi will work herself to death finding a place for it all.  The couches and chairs looked like nice ones, and there was much more.

I'm still working on lists of things I want from the house - all small items, but things I should have. 

 
Paul and Tracy are camping at Steamboat Lake, and she sent me this picture of Daisy after a hard day of hiking, fishing, and being harassed by deer.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Banking: Well, we have to spend our days somehow in this retirement mode!

Yes, Poor me. I did work my tail off today! Everyone came early & by 2:00 we had not gotten in all the stuff from out front. We still had all the donations by the garage doors on the side to deal with. I left. Carole asked me to post a Help Wanted & a Volunteers Wanted on Facebook.

Daisy is too cute!